Sunday, December 18, 2022

After Today - Only 6 Shopping Days Before Christmas...

 ...and I have almost all my shopping completed. I still need a few gift cards and will buy them online on Christmas Eve and to carry on with my annual tradition (since I was a preteen kid) I will also be going out on Christmas Eve to buy someone a last minute gift or two. 
 
Christmas is all about gift giving, too bad so many folks seem to have forgotten or never understood that that Jesus was God's gift to mankind on that very first Christmas and that Jesus received the gifts from the Magi of gold, frankincense, and myrrh. (Frankincense is my favorite incense of all and burning it with myrrh creates a fabulous aroma). I addition, Joseph & Mary received the gift of shelter in the shed & the gift of the manger - meager as that may have been it was the birthplace of Christ.
 
Now, I am not religious but I was raised a Catholic and thus have been affected by that faith for both good & bad but I think mostly for good. While I do not practice it any longer there are some aspects of the faith which I think are wonderful and of all of them, I think the Spirit of giving at Christmas is the best by far but that such spirit could & should also be exercised throughout the year. 
 
With giving in mind, don't forget to give to a charity or charities. That said, let me leave and head to the website of the Salvation Army to make my annual donation.
 
All the best,
Glenn B

 

 

1 comment:

Glenn B said...

The below comment was sent to me bybemail. Use the links in it at your own risk:

"Hello Sir! I’ve read your blog for years but can’t comment due to you only allowing Google which is your choice.

Anyway, my point of contacting you now is your reference to supporting the Salvation Army. https://ballseyesboomers.blogspot.com/2022/12/after-today-only-6-shopping-days-before.html

Are you sure you’ve first made amends for being white?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/salvation-army-racism-apologies/ I know, can’t believe even Snopes is being honest about this. 😝

My family has been big supporters of the SA through the years and my father was on one of their boards but no more – I will not apologize for being white!

Regards,
JamesD"