Monday, May 28, 2018

Lest We Forget...

...take some time today to think about, to remember, to honor and memorialize America's fallen military personnel who fell in battle for our great nation. After all, the great nation of which I speak is our country and our country is made up of us - it is us and we are it - and without their sacrifice it would be a very different land in which we live.

Allow me to somberly wish you a Happy Memorial Day but give me a moment before you scold me to tell me today is not a day to be happy. Should you wish anyone a Happy Memorial Day today, be solemn in mood, as I am, when you do so. Bear in mind, as do I, that while today is a day to remember and honor those of our military who fell honorably in battle - it is also a day on which we can give them thanks and be truly but respectfully happy that we live in the greatest nation on earth because of them and their sacrifice. Never forget though that it is only through their sacrifice that we are what we are and live as we live today.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: