Saturday, March 11, 2017

Blizzard Warning - The Great Bliaed of 2017About To Hit NYC Area

The weather mavens are predicting that starting late Monday night, snow will start falling and winds will start blowing and it will all only end after 12-18 inches of the white stuff has covered: New York City, Long Island, Southern Westchester, Southern Fairfield, Southern New Haven, Middlesex, and New London counties (source). No wonder my boss asked me to be on standby for Tuesday to cover for a guy who drives about a 3 hour one way commute to the Bronx, NY everyday for work. Well, I should say every workday on which it does not snow any amount above an inch or two that sticks.

I may hate to have to tell my boss, but if we are in the middle of a blizzard come Tuesday morning, I probably will not be working either. That stands whether or not the Bronx office is open. I covered once before during a storm like that and it took me somewhere around three hours to get home.It's only about 18 miles but that usually takes me an hour to an hour and a quarter! NYC traffic sucks and you can bet your bottom dollar it sucks a whole lot more during a blizzard. What sucked even more was that they closed the office early because of the storm and thus I got less pay than usual. I really don't see why they open in the first place when it's snowing like that and see no reason for me to go in during blizzard conditions.

All the best,
GB

No comments: