Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Monotonous Me,...

...I am still cleaning guns. Only got a few done this evening and that is because I took apart my Henry Survival Rifle and had a bit of a hard time putting it back together. Before that though, I had to find the hammer and two pins that went flying when I took it apart and one of the springs sprung because I was not holding it right. I did a search on hands and knees and found the parts pretty quickly. Luckily for me I did not loose the magazine latch spring like I did back in 2010 when it took me a couple of days to find it and an awfully long time to reassemble it; I am or can be The Great Procrastinator.

After finding the parts tonight, I did not hesitate to make an attempt at putting it back together once I cleaned everything up. I searched around for a video on YouTube and found a decent one on how to disassemble and reassemble the receiver.



It was pretty much a snap (yeah right) getting it back together after that or should I say as soon as I realized how much a dental pick would come in hand. Grabbed one and got the trigger spring mounted on its corresponding pin correctly and fairly easily. I could have used a third hand or a vise to help it along but got it done and when I did a function check everything (the bolt, the safety, the trigger, the hammer, mag release) all moved and clicked at the right moment and nothing went crunch. I guess it is back together right. I have to remember to watch the video first next time before trying to take it apart. The last time I took that particular gun down that far may have been in 2012 so I was a little rusty tonight.

Later 4 U,
GB

No comments: