Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The New Hard Drive

Today, I received the replacement hard drive for my computer from HP. The thing is that I am none to sure it is the same as was the old one. I have sent them an email to check on it as some features of the old are not listed in the paperwork for the new.

Tomorrow, I will call the HP in-home tech service rep to see when he can get here - that pending an answer from HP on whether or not the replacement drive has the same features as did the old one. If they confirm that the features are the same or better, then I hope the in-home tech service rep gets here soon. With the weather expected to be miserable over the next two days or so (screw Al Gore and all the Global Warming BS), my bet is he will not get here until at least Saturday which was the day that HP figured in the first place.

As you can guess, my hard drive has not actually failed yet. I keep getting warnings from the Windows operating system that failure is imminent and that I should back-up my files - that has already been accomplished. In addition, if I turn the laptop off and start it up again, I get a similar warning from the laptop itself. I am hoping it just keeps chugging along until the drive is replaced.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: