Saturday, September 21, 2013

It's Been A Long Day For A Day Off

Well, I was supposed to have today and tomorrow off. I have been working a bit more than usual this week, covering for a guy on vacation, so I worked Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday. Yes, I also worked today but not at the library. I had to attend and 8 hour annual security guard training class to keep my license valid and had to get up early for it. I usually don't work until 1PM each day but today had to be at the class at 0900.  It was like torture - or at least like water boarding. The subject matter was stuff I have heard a lot before plus the instructor, although a very nice guy, seemed to have little grasp of the law relative to security guards and kept making a point of that. Yet, in great part, that is what the class was supposed to cover. Well it is over now and I don't have to attend again for another year. One plus about this class is that it actually made me look forward to the additional 8 hour armed guard course I will have to take sometime within the next 8 or 9 months or so. At least I get in some shooty goodness in that one.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: