Thursday, June 28, 2012

Laptop Computer Crashing?


I had to reboot my laptop, tonight, about 15 to 20 times before anything came up on the monitor. A few days ago, while signing onto a chess game, the screen came up all screwy with a bunch of gray shaded vertical bars. I removed the game, did some fiddling and all seemed well. Well, its not seeming so well tonight. My guess is that something is about to crash and then who knows what. I have my old desk top PC but no cable outlet in the basement to which I can hook it up for Internet. I guess I could get a receiver for my wireless router and plug it in to the desk top - if the laptop goes belly up. I would hate to have the laptop repaired, it is 4 years old and probably not worth the cost of repairs. Then again, I cannot afford a new one right now. Yep, I guess, if it dies on me, I will have to see if I can get the old desk top fired up again. Thankfully, I just did a backup a day ago to my Norton account. I am going to do another in a minute or two.

From now on, I guess the lap top stays turned on.

All the best,
Glenn B

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess you shouldn't have spent so much on all your guns and ammo. No matter how many guns one guy has, he chances of survival are greater if he bands together with like-minded others. And being able to communicate via the web is key to joining forces. It would be wise to sell off some guns and replace your laptop now before the Revolution begins. Of course, you could always seek out psychiatric help to learn how to control your paranoia.

Glenn B said...

Thanks Al; I figure only you could have left that comment.