Monday, June 25, 2012

Glock 26 Sight Replacement Update

When I sent my Glock 26 slide assembly into Glock, I asked them to replace the night sights with normal sights. I expected to get what I thought were standard sights put on it to replace the malfunctioning Trijicon sights (the front sight had dimmed considerably). I figured they would be Glock manufactured iron sights. well, the slide assembly was returned to me last week with its new sights. They are made out of polymer. I was not happy, then I noticed a small amount of damage to the finish on the slide, damage that was not there when I sent it off to Glock. I just about had a shit fit. I sent off an email to Glock, that was last Wednesday, I think just about demanding they put iron sights onto it. I got a reply today apologizing and telling me that the polymer sights come standard on the Glock 26 as of late.

I don't believe it. That is that Glock has gotten that shitty as to put plastic (yeah I know, ploymer is not really plastic) sights on a defensive handgun. I will be sending it back to them for the iron sights as soon as I can get to UPS but first I am going to look to see exactly what sights they offer to make sure I get exactly what I want this time. To think, another 4 to 6 weeks before I get the slide back again after I send it in.  Now that I think of it, it actually was 7 or 8 weeks before I got it back even though they estimate a turn around of the shorter time frame. Shit, shit, shit Oh darn.

I must admit, the specific person, in customer service, with whom I am dealing at Glock has been very professional and courteous. My gripe with Glock is geared toward the company itself, going to Polymer sights on a combat/defensive handgun, how long they took for the turn around, and the minor damage to the slide. I have no problem at all with the rep who has been helping me, he has been stellar.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: