Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Government Shutdown or Not

I am betting shutdown but only because preparations are already being made for one to some degree. My guess is that should the federal government shutdown all nonessential services, almost no one will really miss them - except those who are furloughed. One hopes it does not come to a shutdown but the truth be told it is about time that the Federal Government starts to become fiscally responsible - in my personal opinion.

I doubt I will be told to stay home but if it comes to that I am ready. I took a loan out of my thrift savings at work to hold us over if worst comes to worst. I had to pay a fee to take it out, have to pay my own account interest and am losing interest I would have otherwise received on it - but to know I have it available if needed is well worth it. When the government gets back in gear and has a budget, I will redeposit it to my thrift savings plan. Hopefully they will agree on a budget soon. Not having one, now more than 6 months after the fiscal year began, is a disgrace.

All the best,
GB

No comments: