Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Coconut Macaroons

I spent virtually all of the day, on Sunday from 0730 to 1500, at a reptile show. I was manning a table for the Long Island Herpetological Society. Luckily, for me, I was there with another member, harry F., who was willing to let me sneak away for about an hour or so to make a quick run over to the nearby Costco. I needed to pick up some things for the house. Since I was manning the table at the show, I had pretty much decided, ahead of time, to just look for the items on the list given to me by my wife. I figured I would be in and out within an hour.

I was pretty much right on the money for the time I would be in there but I wound up straying a bit from the list at hand. When I saw this huge container of Coconut Macaroons I would have needed ropes and a mast both twice as thick as those that bound Odysseus as he sailed past the allure of the Sirens. They were calling me and I succumbed.

They were a big hit once i got them home. My wife apparently loves them. I imagine the kids have gone for some too although Brendan is not much the sweets eater. I have eaten more than my share but must say am happy for the help I have been receiving, probably from Linda & Celina, in making them disappear. I'd hate to see how many pounds I would have gained had I alone liked them. There are still some left but my guess is only about 1/3 their number remains. Mmmmmm-mmmmmm good!

Next time I shop there though, I may grab the Hostess Twinkies - they had huge boxes of them. They were my all time favorite packaged pastry/cake treat when I was a kid. Haven't had them in years but will have to give them a try again soon.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: