Saturday, February 12, 2011

Ballseye's Gun Shots 118 - Hopefully Another Range Day Today or Tomorrow

I need to get to the range with my latest acquisition, the Izhevsk (man is it hard to recall how to spell that) Mosin Nagant 91/30. I hate to shoot it at only 25 yards at the indoor range but I do not have the time to go the 40 or 45 miles to the nearest outdoor range nor do want to freeze my toes off. The outdoor range can wait until later in March or April. For now, can see how it shoots and handles at the indoor range. Of course, if I do get a chance to get to the range today, that would mean I'll also bring a pistol or three or maybe some 22 caliber rifles in addition to the Nagant. Besides that, a trip to the range today would mean my fourth or fifth such trip this month. (And someone told me today he thinks I am more of a collector of firearms than a shooter after seeing my blog. Go figure, I always thought of my meager collection of firearms only as an offshoot of my shooting since I bought them to shoot and not to hang on a wall.)

Before I can go to the range though, I will need to get my fish and amphibian tanks cleaned up and maybe get some more work on my income taxes done. I am doing them for me and the wife and am doing my son's. His are done just need his bank account info to get them financially accounted. He will be a happy camper once he sees he is getting something back this year. I figure I ought to have an hour or two for the range this evening - hopefully two. Maybe one can get enough range time but for me, it seems, there is barely enough time for the range for as often as I believe I should be going. So, when I get the time, I try to make the best and most of it.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: