Saturday, January 8, 2011

My New Mag Pouches...

...were supposed to arrive yesterday via UPS and there was a UPS package awaiting me when I got home from work. When I opened it I was dismayed to find only one (1) Uncle Mike's Double magazine pouch in the package. I called up Optic's Planet, which was the company name on the invoice regardless of the fact I ordered from a place called the TacticalStore.com. When I explained that only one of the two I had ordered had actually arrived, the man at the other end, in Customer Service, said "REALLY" (in the most incredulous tone of voice I have heard in awhile). Instead of reaming him a new one, I decided to stay nice and just said "really", leaving it at that. He said someone would contact me, either on Monday or Tuesday, about it after they checked out my claim. I mean - what is to check?

My guess is that either some dimwit was not paying attention to bag stuffing 101 but got hired as a stock-boy anyway or that a real jerk saw the word "double" on the packaging and thought that qualified as two items because it was, well - double! Of course, maybe it was just an oversight due to a brain fart, I can understand that but do not understand the tones of incredulity in the Customer Service guy's voice. Hopefully, they will make it right and I won't have to contest the charge through my credit card company. One thing I have going for me is they labelled the package as being 1 pound in weight but the UPS tracking notice said it was only 0.4 pounds in weight. Whoops - I guess they REALLY goofed and forgot to add the other pouch to the order, which would have made it much closer to that 1 pound weight.

Oh well,
GB

No comments: