Sunday, August 15, 2010

Another Fishing Trip Planned

I have not had much luck this summer with fishing trips. Headed to the boat three times to go fishing, one time was turned away by the captain because his crew never showed up, another time caught 4 fish but none of those for which we were fishing, and the last time I caught zilch just like everyone else on the boat that night. So, for an upcoming tip in the near future, I am planning on going out on a different boat from a different location. As a matter of fact, the boat I will be going out on will be about 1,199.8 miles away from my home as opposed to the closer one which is only about 16.1 miles from my house.

Yep, I plan to fly down to West Palm Beach to visit my aunt and uncle next month. I am pretty certain my uncle and I will go fishing and I am planning on driving up to Ft. Pierce with him to fish aboard the
Capt. Lew. Last time I fished down that way we had a great time out on that boat. Caught enough fish to keep me happy and the ones we kept tasted great. Besides going out on the Capt. Lew, am hopeful I will also get in some freshwater fishing from a canoe (without being capsized by and eaten by an alligator).

While I am not rolling in dough, and would not be able to afford this trip under normal circumstances with the 2nd half of my son's college bill, and with my property taxes, soon due - I have a $436 credit with an airline because I had to cancel a planned trip to attend an NRA Law Enforcement Instructor's School out in Las Vegas (maybe next year for that one). I bought the ticket early, back in May, cancelled recently due to unforeseen circumstances, and now have to use the credit before next May. May (no pun intended) as well use it now, so I am flying down to FL in early September. Hmm, I'll still have enough of a credit to maybe do that again before May.


I hope the fishing will be even better than last time and that no hurricanes will be on order. Wish me luck please.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: