Friday, October 26, 2007

Finally a Weekend For Some Scouting...

...deer scouting that is. I'll be leaving early tomorrow afternoon (yeah I have chores in the morning). I'll be heading up to around Windsor, NY, come rain or shine, to check on a few places I have hunted before. No luck previously at those spots, but I did have what was about an 8 point buck follow me out of the woods one evening as I left my stand. I guess I should correct my statement about no luck to just bad luck so far at these spots. They are on public land though, and I do not have the luxury of an uncle who owns a farm any longer. Nope I did not lose the uncle, but he sold the farm. I will try the lady who currently owns said farm, and I'll ask her for permission to hunt there this year. Maybe that will do the trick for some venison this year, that farm always has nice deer on it.

Hopefully I'll get a few nice pics of some deer up that way. It would be nice to have something to keep my son fired up over the prospects of this year's hunt. If I do get some pics, I'll post em here on Sunday or Monday.

As for Saturday and Sunday, I am afraid there will be little or no posting by me.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: