Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Another Day In Paradise...

...is what I say to folks at work when they ask me how things are going. Actually work stinks, but it could be worse. I put up with it mainly because I need the money. I guess being eligible to retire makes things a little easier to handle. Yet, if you were to ask me about how I expect things to go at work tomorrow, I would say 'Another Day In paradise" and really mean it. Quarterly firearms qualifications are tomorrow, and for me that means a good day at the range. Not so good as when I was a firearms instructor, but at least good for a day. I'll be firing the Glock 19, the H&K MP5, and the 12 gauge Remington 870. That always makes for a good day.

Then for this Saturday, I have plans to go out east on Long Island to the Brookhaven Range with my son Brendan. I imagine we will shoot some trap, and then go to the rifle range and shoot the SKS and a few other rifles. That should make for an even better day. I have never enjoyed a shooting partner more than my son or daughter (or my wife the one time she shot). Making it a family day, even if only my boy comes along, is a very good thing indeed.

Getting in some shooting twice in one week will be wonderful too. I am truly looking forward to it. Safe shooting.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: