Friday, January 19, 2007

I've been busy...

...at work, and at home; and just on the tired side when I have gotten home from work each night. Add to that I have not been sleeping all that well, and I have been too tired to post. Furthermore, the job sucks, I mean really sucks, and has me down a bit right now, and I have been debating retirement.

The result of all this has been that I haven't left a good rant since Tuesday. I will try to make up for it this weekend, and will try to be more regular, at least in my posting, in the future.

All the best,
Glenn B

2 comments:

Pen of Jen said...

Retire. When my husband was a police officer it sometimes was bad due to death, criminals, or children being subjected to evil things, but the job didn't SU@K. He came home knowing each day could be different, but he was trying to help others. Then unfortunately he had an on duty accident and had to retire.
He truly misses law enforcement(and took a job in DWI enforcement>office work) but the year he took recovering to the best he could injuries allowing, gave him time to see the kids. Because of his schedule, he never got to go to Little league games, football games or hang out at home and enjoy the kids. So as a wife, seeing that my kids had an entire year with their dad was amazing. The 17 year old really made a huge connection. I will always think that God gave my husband so much because of his accident. Not the injuries but his kids. Take care and remember its not always about the money!keep on blogging I enjoy your blog!
Jennifer

Glenn B said...

Retirement will come soon enough. I am an LEO also, but I had some more time with my kids, although I will say not nearly as much as someone not in law enforcement. I understand you completely.
All the best,
GB