Saturday, September 16, 2006

Just how sick can people get...

...to make them want to do anything like of what three young men have been accused?

Reportedly three men were accused sexual assault after allegedly attempting to dig up a woman's corpse to have sex with the corpse. See the article at FoxNews.com @ http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,214125,00.html

There are truly some unbelieveable or truly bizzare aspects to this case, and I do not mean simply that these young men allegedly wanted to sexually put it to a corpse. Look again at the charge with which they were charged; it was later dropped, but please explain to me how anyone could within the realm of reason be charged with assaulting, or attempted assault, of a corpse. Maybe I just don't get it - in fact I really do not get it at all - so please explain that one to me.

The next thing that is a bit weird is that there is no charge for necrophilia (or attempt of such) in Wisconsin. So these guys will wind up being charged with destruction of property or some other lessor crime than I would imagine necrophilia would be. If it was me as prosecutor, and if the allegations were upheld by sufficient evidence, I would have already charged them with every imaginable crime of which they could be charged to include: criminal trespass, burglary, criminal possession of burglars' tools, destruction of property, conspiracy to commit all of the above.

Finally the other seemingly weird thing about this was that they allegedly were not even going after a fresh corpse, which is, i imagine, probably even weird among those who actually practice necrophilia. The woman reportedly was killed on August 27, and these guys allegedly were trying to dig her up to have sex with her on September 2. Remembering there are 31 days in August, this was then at least part of 7 days that she had already been deceased, and I would imagine a few days after she was buried. If these allegations are true, just how sick are these guys?

I think they all need mental examinations if the allegations are found to be supported by fact and evidence. I think a search of each of their residences and places of business may well be in order to seek out any further evidence of this alleged crime and any others along the same lines. I think if they are convicted, their pictures should be posted on milk cartons to scare children away from strangers. Yeah, I know they are not charged with any crimes against children, but they would sure be guys I would want to scare my children away from for sure if they are guilty.

Hopefully they were not really attempting to dig up the corpse of the departed lady in order to attempt some sort of perverse sexual acts. Hopefully this is a misunderstanding. Hopefully the youth of our nation is not as sick or perverse as it would have to be to do something like this. Yet my guess is the police have some sort of evidence to indicate this is what they were doing, otherwise why arrest them on sexual assault charges in the first place no matter how weird those charges seemed to me.

One final 'hopefully': Hopefully, and understand these are my hopes, if they actually did this, they will be put in jail for as long as the law allows on as many charges as the law allows. I say this last one because if they are indeed guilty under the law, then as I see it, they don't belong out in normal society cause folks, stuff like that, it ain't normal by any stretch of the imagination.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: