Saturday, September 30, 2006

Ballseye's Boomers: Smith & Wesson Model 17-8

I picked up my S&W model 17-8 at a gun show some years ago. It was being sold on consignment, and just about as soon as I saw it, I knew it was for me. It looked to be in just about pristine condition, and when I hefted it and checked how it operated, I liked it. What else could I do but let it follow me home.

Since then, it has been a good companion. It has not been all that demanding of me. It always takes everything I feed to it, no malfunctions caused by ammo and that is good. It is a straight shooter with me, and I hit the targets reasonably well with all sorts of ammo that I have fired through it. Yes indeed, I like it a lot!

Basically this gun is a 10 shot revolver (older ones were 6 shooters), made from blued (or blackened) steel, it has a 6 inch barrel, adjustable target sights, rubber grips. It has a smooth trigger face, and a diamond cut hammer surface. I recommend it highly.

By the way, just in case you were wondering, yes it makes a fine rabbit gun, but please don’t shoot the Easter bunny.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: