Thursday, February 2, 2017

Ground Hog Day

Happy best holiday of them all - it's Ground Hog Day! No shopping, no gifts, no returns, no cleaning house or other preparations, no cooking a big meal, no relatives coming over to drink my booze, nothing to do but enjoy the day and see if that furry little critter saw its own shadow or not.


Grounghog Day from Gobbler's Knob in Punxsutawney, PA - 2013
Photographer: Anthony Quintano
By the way, don't put away those snow shovels - Punxsutawney Phil has seen his shadow and thus predicted 6 more weeks of winter (source).

On a personal note I have to say gosh darn it, I forgot to head out to Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania once again. Well, that was until yesterday when I thought a trip there might be nice to see all the hoopla over Phil but by the time I thought of it, in the mid-afternoon, it was way too late to be practical since it would be about a 6 hour drive. It is something on my bucket list and hopefully, sooner or later I will remember make that trip. As a matter of fact, I am annotating my calendar to remind me next year. With a little luck I will have the same phone and email address so one of them will send me a reminder on January 30 or 31 of 2018 and I will get mine arse in gear and head out to Punxsutawney, PA for the big event.

All the best,
GB

No comments: