Monday, October 3, 2016

Good News On The Homefront

Received some excellent financial news today. I called the county tax assessor's office to see if they received paperwork I sent in relative to a property tax reduction reassessment they had offered me. I had applied previously for the reduction. I wanted to make sure they received the letter, stipulating that I agreed to the reduction, in a timely manner. They did receive it on time and the guy who answered the phone there also told me he could give me the actual dollar figures. He said we should save $1,700 off of our property taxes next year, or over 19% of what we pay now. Yes, we pay almost $9,000 a year right now just for the county/town  property taxes. That does not include an additional $1,700 or so for village taxes or our water bill of about $300 per year which will not be reduced. Regardless, $1,700 comes out to $141.66 per month. That will likely be going to payments for a new car. That is, of course, if they do not raise property taxes for next year. New York and its counties suck when it comes to taxation. If enough New Yorkers had guns, there already might have been a revolution, just saying not promoting. Then again, too may voters in NY are on the dole and living large o what we taxpayers pay to keep them on welfare and the like. Oh well, at least I will be paying less now.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: