Monday, September 5, 2016

What A Weekend

There I was, at about 0330 this morning letting Mimi outside to answer nature's call. She went and as soon as she did off she went. I knew there must have been an animal that she was after and soon enough I knew exactly what kind of critter when Mimi came back with a snout full of porcupine quills, one large and the others much smaller. I pulled out the large one but could not get the small ones. She was in a lot of pain so I Googled an emergency vet. About 45 minutes later we were at the vet where 20 or so quills were pulled out but only after they put her out with an anesthesia. About 10 minutes later I paid $227 and we headed back to my brother-in-law's place but not before I wondered outloud what else could go wrong this weekend. The cute lady vet, who had carried Mimi out to the car for me, said that is the one question you should never ask. She was right because something else almost did go wrong.

Just a few miles from the house, as I was about to turn off the main road, and as two cars approached in the opposite lane, the guy behind the other decided to pass the car in front of him. I guess he either had really bad eyesight or was drunk or texting because they were way too close to me for him to try that. He came full into my lane and I jammed on the brakes and thankfully so did the driver of the lead car in the other lane. That allowed the stupid fucker trying to pass to veer hard right back into his lane ahead of the other car. He missed hitting me head on by about 20 feet or less.

I would like to thank the guy he was passing for slowing down because otherwise there almost certainly would have been a collision with injuries or fatalities. Anyway, I did not need another dickhead hitting one of my cars within a couple of days of my Toyota being totalled by another jerk who rear ended it. Since my car was totaled on Saturday night, I was driving my son's car this morning.

We wound up back at the house safely and luckily Hans was up because I had locked us out. Mimi is now sound asleep and Hans is making breakfast. I cannot get back to sleep, I am wound up from the jerk who almost ran into us head on and my head is still aching and has been since the first accident. At least I am alive to feel it and that is a good thing and yes I will likely see a doctor later today. I have to say, this has been one fucked up weekend so far!

All the best,
 Glenn B

No comments: