Saturday, September 12, 2015

Meet The New Beer - Not The Same As The Old Beer

I tried a new beer (for me) last weekend and again this weekend. I liked it the first time and like it today too. That is a good thing. It is Samuel Adams Octoberfest  beer. I am not a fan of virtually every Sam Adams beer I have ever tried before and there have been several to pass through my lips and over my gums. I found most of the ones I have tried to have been way too bitter and hoppy tasting and I like beers that taste strongly of hops, like strong IPAs. Sam Adams though are usually not to my liking, I guess mostly because I find them overly bitter. 
 
So, I guess I took a chance buying a 28 bottle case of these beers at Costco a couple of weeks ago. I am happy I did so because these taste pretty much like true German Oktoberfest biers, of which I am a fan, and that is a good thing. What was also a good thing was that there were 28 bottles in the case instead of the normal 24 and the price was about the same as it would have been for a normal but smaller sized case.
 
Good stuff. I recommend it.
 
All the best.
GB
 

No comments: