Saturday, September 5, 2015

KTKC Day 5 - Photos

Here are a couple of pics of me on day 5 of Kilted To Kick Cancer. Once again, I went out in the world and did my daily chores while kilted to help spread the word and hopefully to bring in some donations for the fundraiser. That included  trip to FedEx, Fairway Supermarket and Costco among other places. This time, I remembered to bring along some of the fliers for the effort and I handed out a few here and there.

I handed out a few fliers to the men and to one woman who wanted
one for her man, while I was inside of FedEx. I was returning one of
the end of fundraiser raffle prizes that I found to have been damaged.
After that, I went home and made up a marinade of super seKrit ingredients for our BBQ tomorrow. One rack of St. Louis style ribs was put into the marinade. That will all go into a thick walled aluminum pot (that I inherited from my great-grandfather and they just don't make em like that anymore - pots or great-grandfathers) and will simmer for probably 3 to 4 hours until the meat literally falls off o the bones. In addition, I rubbed down another two full racks of ribs - one with a sweet rub from Cabela's and another with a Kirkland brand mesquite rub. They are in the fridge awaiting being smoked for a few to several hours beginning tomorrow mid to late morning; the BBQ is at three. Then I made a fresh salsa. Since it is for tomorrow, I would rather have made it tomorrow but I have a lot of other stuff to do starting tomorrow morning so I prepared that tonight. It will be just fine tomorrow, in fact the hot peppers, fresh cilantro, onions and spices will have more time to penetrate and flavor the tomatoes. I make one heck of a salsa after having lived on the southern border for 4 years; if I say so myself - it is darned tasty. I did that all while kilted and wearing my newly arrived Kilted To Kick Cancer polo shirt.

Nope, you can't see anything dangling. I may have been enjoying a bier after
getting all of my chores done for the day but I wasn't drunk enough for that.
As you can see in the two accompanying photos, the shirt bears the KTKC logo. Much to my surprise, there was an additional bit of embroidery, on the right side of the front of the shirt, that says: "Team Glenn B". I had not expected that to be there but was pretty happy they thought of it, it's a nice touch.

Now for the important message: Men, please remember that Prostate Cancer is a killer especially if not caught early. In fact, if caught early, it is often successfully treated and cured. Do yourself a favor and have your doc test you for it especially if you are middle aged or older.

If you want to contribute to the Kilted To Kick Cancer fundraiser to help fight prostate cancer by supporting prostate cancer research, please go to this link:

http://www.kiltedtokickcancer.org/product/ktkc-donation-2015/

Remember, that if you want to donate through a team, or in other words through the efforts of one of the bloggers who is wearing a kilt each and every day this month (at least I am doing that), then please be sure to select a team from the drop down box in the third stage of the donation process on the checkout page. The team drop-down box will be in the upper left hand portion of that screen. I sure would appreciate your donation through Team Glenn B. Thanks to everyone who has donated already. And men, don't forget to get checked.

All the best,
Glenn B
 

No comments: