Friday, January 25, 2013

The Second Amendment Foundation

I stopped over at the Wandering Minstrel's blog tonight and am happy I did so. Bob put up a brief but excellent post suggesting that now is the time to donate to The Second Amendment Foundation. He explained that as opposed to the mostly lobbying that is done by the NRA, the SAF files and supports lawsuits on the behalf of gun owners, and thus on behalf of all of us, concerning our right to keep and bear arms and our liberty to exercise that right. I have heard about the Second Amendment Foundation before and would have sworn I had joined or sent them a donation but could find nothing to that effect in my saved emails or my receipt files.

So tonight, I signed up for a 5 year membership with them. I figure it is money well spent. I will also donate to them over time, probably starting next week when I get my next pension payment. One thing Bob pointed out, about donations to the SAF, is that said donations are tax deductible. I can see myself donating a good amount of dollars to them, over the course of the next year, if that is correct; I hope so.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: