Wednesday, October 24, 2012

My Black Cloud Seems Inheritable

My son took the physical for the NYPD about 2 months or so ago. He failed because he is color blind. They said 100%, his eye doc said 50%, he was fighting it. The he went to another doc for a sore throat and got some antibiotics. Took them and got severe tendinitis from it. Then returned to his regular doc for that and the doc prescribed a steroid to help ease the pain from the tendinitis that was caused by the anti-biotic. Turns out that the particular steroid worsens the problem of the tendinitis as per the official website of that particular anti-biotic. I had been talking to him about maybe suing both the drug company that produced the anti-biotic and the doctor. Turns out, as per what I have read, that the lawyers are refusing additional clients in a major lawsuit against the drug company that makes the antibiotic as are other lawyers in smaller lawsuits against same. I am wondering if he can sue the doctor.

Do not get me wrong; I am not a law suit crazy kind of guy I have been involved in two law suits in my lifetime. One against someone who caused an auto accident I was in in which I was injured. I got a whopping $750 out of it. The other was one at work, when we sued over back overtime pay that was owed us. I got a good amount in that one, helped on the down payment on my house. I am not one to sue at the drop of a pin or when I fall over my own two feet trying to blame someone for a crack in their sidewalk. I do think though that, my son is owed something for his misery, especially since it is robbing him of employment opportunities and even a career in the military (they do not care about color blindness for most military jobs) and since there is no known cure, no known treatment to lessen it and it may be permanent.

I can only wish that my black cloud would stop raining down on him as if it has found a new guy to get wet. Well, I have one more wish, that Brendan never sings this regularly:

Well, I've had all that I wanted,
of a lot of things I had
and a lot more than I needed,
of some things that turned out bad.
(Wanted Man, written by: Johnny Cash and Bob Dylan)



 
 By the way, I meant I hope he does not get stuck singing that one verse over and over again as a repeating theme of his life, especially the last two lines. If he winds up being wanted by that many women as are in that song - well, that would be a good thing, don't ya think!

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: