Saturday, August 25, 2012

NY FIREARMS FORUM LINK REMOVED FROM MY BLOG

A moderator there told me, tonight, that he had removed a post from a for sale thread I had there because he or she believed my lowering a price of a shotgun I had for sale was considered a "bump" to my thread. Then I posted a pointless post two days later with the intention of bumping it and he said bumps must be three days apart and he had to delete mine because the dropping the selling price post was a bump. I have never heard anything as ridiculous on a forum concerning bumps. Adding a new selling price or expanding the area of the sale, both things I did, would not be considered a bump by definition of the word bump, nor by other moderators on other forums I use. When I protested and sent in the definition of a bump to that moderator, I was in essence called a name that was a slightly veiled profanity. He or she told me I was being a "smartazz" (did not even have the balls to call me a smartass, probably because the site's filters would not have allowed it but I guess it is okay to call someone profanities as long as they are in code on that forum). Somewhere in his or her private messages to me I was also told that I was being harsh. I was not harsh, not sarcastic, not nasty, not offensive, just straight forward and truthful and gave the definition of bump to him or her: "To bump a thread on an Internet forum is to post a reply to it purely in order to raise the thread's profile." (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bump_(Internet).

Since that seemed harsh, and apparently made it look as if I was being a "smartazz",  I decided to remove my offer of the shotgun I was selling there. I can easily sell it elsewhere.

I think it was when I said I would do that when the mod threatened to report me to the administrators (ooh how I trembled) and I guess he or she thought that would be the ticket to get me to comply with someone who did not know about which he or she was speaking. Heck, I had already told him or her I would comply because the rules were made by the people who run the forum, I also sent him or her the definition of bump and I guess that meant, to the mod, that I had overstepped the bounds of Bizarro World. I told him or her I would remove the offer and simply edited my thread to show it no loner available.

Then I also replied and asked to be removed from the forums completely, to have all my threads removed and all my personal info removed and to have my registration removed. Think they would do so. Heck no, Heaven forbid they lose stats for users. Instead, they banned me until September sometime or another. For all I know, or care, it could be next month or ten years from next month. 

Allow me to now become disrespectful in turn to them because what goes around comes around and because I truly believe that we should do unto others as we would have done onto ourselves. If I treat anyone with such disrespect then I would expect them to be disrespectful to me in turn. So, let me give it right back to them.

FUCK THEM, they can not even get it right when a forum user asks to be removed from their site. I cannot abide by they whom I believe are assholes and disrespectful ones at that and that is exactly what I believe is that moderator.

This may seem petty to you but dealing with pompous assholes always makes me feel miserable and getting it off of my chest like this sure makes me feel better.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: