Sunday, June 10, 2012

I Am Thinking of Selling or Trading Some of My Guns

Am I crazy? Probably but that is what I have been thinking about. The ones I have in mind as possible ones to put up for sale or trade are:

NEF Pardner single shot shotgun in 12 gauge

Browning Citori Lightning Shotgun in 12 gauge

Remington 513T Matchmaster bolt action rifle in .22LR

Remington 241 Speedmaster semi-auto tube-fed in .22LR

High Standard Duramatic semi-automatic pistol in .22LR

I am none to sure I am going to sell or trade away any of these but as I said, I have been thinking about it. Chances are, if I do decide to sell, it would only be some of those mentioned and not all of them. I really need to give it some serious thought because the U.S. office of Personnel Management, relative to getting me my full pension instead of partial payments, is dawdling as my savings is dwindling. without a job to supplement my pension, it is proving tough to keep up with my property taxes. Selling some guns would be one way to help make one or two tax payments. Then again, I may just let the savings get down to almost nothing before I do something as drastic as selling off any of my guns. I am thinking about it though, may even sell some of them if OPM gets it right sooner than later. Then I can buy new ones but I am not about to do anymore gun selling/trading with an eye toward more gun buying until my pension payments have been finalized.

Unless I sell some to buy new ones, let's hope this is all just a bunch of idle thought. I sold guns once before when I needed money (right after getting married) and virtually vowed to myself not to ever do it again because of how much I had sellers remorse after getting rid of them.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: