Sunday, June 17, 2012

Another Firearms Safety Rule That Colonel Cooper Did Not Mention In The 4 Rules

You should strive to always carry your pistol in a holster or other device designed to carry the type of pistol you are carrying. Carrying one in a pocket or in the waistband of your pants is not a smart idea. Shame on me for sometimes carrying one in my pocket, but it is unlikely I would ever shoot myself like the guy in the linked article shot himself if only because rarely is there a round in the chamber when I do it that way. That is the second person I know of who shot himself where this guy got it. Ouch.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120615/NEWS03/120615029/Man-shoots-himself-in-the-penis-in-Birmingham?odyssey=tab%7ctopnews%7ctext%7cFRONTPAGE

A hat tip to Larry H. for the link.

All the best,
Glenn B

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Well, he DID say "don't point it at anything you're not willing to destroy," or words to that effect.