Sunday, May 1, 2011

Ballseye's Gun Shots 133: AK-47 Disassembly & Reassembly

Well, after 2 weeks of owning it, I finally took the AK-47 in hand and disassembled it for a good cleaning. Not before searching out a video on how to take it down and then reassemble it. I checked YouTube at random, typing AK-47 Disassembly into the YouTube search bar. The first video link that I clicked on led me to an excellent video by Iraqveteran8888. He has both
disassembly and reassembly videos. If you watch these videos, give each a few seconds to play and they will come out clear; for some reason the first few seconds of each are distorted.





Just in case the videos do not play here, I am posting the links below:

The disassembly video's link is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZigSux30iL8&feature=fvst

The reassembly video's link is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIrIv1DLEb8&feature=relmfu

They are both quite useful videos. In watching them, I discovered that since my AK has a Tapco trigger group, it already has the spring that he recommends installing. I did not take my AK all the way down, I left the trigger group intact, that is for another day. Otherwise I took it down as he described and gave it a good cleaning and got it back together quite easily. It is all fairly simple to accomplish.

My wife just got home from work, which means I now have a car to go to the range. I need to cut this one short, because I need to get some other chores done, more gardening, then clean up, then head to the range. Hopefully, I got it back together right and it will fire away as it should.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: