Saturday, October 30, 2010

Soldiers' Holiday Care Package #2 In The Works

Costco was a madhouse this evening. People have so few friggin manners and common courtesy is so foreign to most it has become uncommon courtesy. I was almost at the boiling over point by the time I got done shopping for a whopping total of only about 6 items (5 for the package and one personal purchase). I guess people just don't understand anymore that someone exhibiting good manners is no excuse for them to use bad manners. It is absolutely amazing just how many people are rude, obnoxious, ill mannered assholes types nowadays but I survived and care package #2 is in the works.

I was able to finesse my way through the shoving, bumping into, cutting off, hurried crowds and actually keep my temper under control despite them to get the shopping done. Next time I go on a weekday, I hope! Purchases I made were few but should be well liked by the soldiers when they receive them I picked up a box of 100 Slim Jims, a 30 count box of Funbites (a berry flavored all natural candy), a 10 pack of Hi-Chews (another fruit flavored candy), and a 40 pack of Doublemint chewing gum (not 40 sticks of gum but 40 packs of gum with 5 sticks each). Oh, and before I forget I also got them a box of Bicycle playing cards containing a dozen decks of cards. All that stuff for the care package went for just over $52.00. It will probably take me until next weekend to pick up a few more items for the package and then to get it all boxed and shipped out.


If you have not alrready donated and can spare something, a donation toward the Soldiers' Holiday care packages would be appreciated. Remember these young men and women are in harm's way to prtoect us and our freedoms; they can use whatever we can send them.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: