Sunday, August 29, 2010

Ballseye's Gun Shots 84 - I'm Dreaming of a New Rifle...

...just like one I could win in this raffle:

1.
Remington 700 BDL 3006 with Nikon Prostaff 3x-9x scope

2.
Ruger M77 Hawkeye in 7mm-08

3.
Marlin .308 MX Lever Action

4. Remington 877 12 gauge, 3.5 inch, synthetic

5.
Winchester 1300 12 gauge pump, wood

6.
Benelli 20 gauge, Nova, synthetic

7.
Marlin XL7 25-06, synthetic

8.
Savage 93F 22 mag. , synthetic

9.
Mossberg Plinkster 22. l.r. Semi-Auto

10.
Knight Wolverine .50 cal. Muzzleloader

They are only selling 700 tickets, as usual. There are 10 rifles up for grabs. I have a 1 in 70 chance of winning, well I really have a 1 in 14 chance of winning - or thereabouts - since I have 5 tickets. My ticket numbers are: 30, 76, 79, 80 and 81. I am betting on ticket number 30 since it is the furthest from the rest of them and therefore the oddball among them. Of course, I have taken my chances over the last 2 or 3 years on this raffle with no luck so I am not buying ammo for any of those rifles yet.

A nice thing about this raffle is that it helps support a sportsman's club that offers CCW classes and soon will have a 4H shooting program. Another nice thing is if you win, you can request your prize in a different caliber than the ones shown above, or for another gun of equal value. All the selections are okay with me gun-wise though I would very likely opt for different calibers on some. Not that I would complain though if I won and could not change. Just winning even the Mossberg Plinkster would make me happy, then again winning the first prize would make me ecstatic! I am keeping my fingers crossed and starting to save my change for the FFL transfer fee just in case!

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: