Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Still Time To Oppose The Economic Bailout Vote...

...since that vote takes place later today. Has anyone wondered what will happen if the plan does not work. I just heard a newscaster quote Representative Charles Rangel of New York when asked that question, his answer according to the reporter: "I don't know". There is not even a back-up plan in place for what will be done if the plan using hundreds of billions of dollars of tax payers money goes bottom up, not even a plan. Is that because politicians are so confident it will work, or because they believe it must work otherwise we are doomed because they are shortsighted and inept and don't have any clue as what else could be done. I believe the latter. I will again be emailing and calling my representatives and my senators to tell them to oppose the bailout. Although I feel almost sure my calls will go unheeded, they may not if enough of us make them likewise. A link to contact Congress and the White House can be found on the right side of my blog. Use it!

All the best,
Glenn B

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If the U.S. withdrew foreign aid and spent "our" money for Americans, we would not need to borrow from others, e.g. China, Saudi Arabia. It makes no sense that the paradigm has been to spend tax payer money in other countries when our own yard needs care.