Saturday, March 15, 2008

DELL - Rocks

At least their XPS premiere tech service does. I called them tonight because there were a bunch of problems that came up, a couple of different blue screens showing u when i started my PC, then when I tried to shut it down the fans went into overdrive and it would not shut off until I pulled the power cord. Well I was pissed because let us just say that hypothetically speaking I know someone in my house screwed up on the PC, and I know who it was, though my son admits nothing and denies everything, or so I suppose he will when i confront him about this (must have learned that from me). I tried to fix it to no avail, then got on the horn to Dell. After a 37 minute wait (very long, they usually picked up within a few minutes for the XPS service the few times I called in the past) I got a nice guy on the phone who ran through a list of possibilities with me as he tried to diagnose the problem. he had it sort of figured out in about 45 minutes or so, then he had to work me through the fix. That took somewhat longer, but it is apparently working now. He figured that somehow the video drivers got corrupted, I wonder how that could have happened. Whatever, he got it working, and you know what - my old Micron would have been up the creek without a paddle or even a canoe, because I am pretty sure Micron would have told me to pound sand because it was a software problem. This Dell is 4 years old, with 1o more months of warranty, and they got right to fixing it - software problem or not! I have to commend them, the techie did a damn good job. All in all I spent over 2 hours 40 minutes getting it fixed. But now that is out of the way, so maybe later today, I can get back to some serious blogging.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: