Sunday, April 29, 2007

Yikes - what is up with Blogger?

I guess you get what you pay for, and since I paid nothing for use of this site, maybe that is why I have been having so many problems lately. My bet is Blogger or Google will soon institute a pay for use whereby you get live help, but that is only a guess.

My problems have been many, and have only been recent, within the past few weeks, ever since they converted everyone with an old Blogger account to a Google account (or so I was told). It seems things on my own blog keep disappearing such as my link lists to other bloggers, my link list to reference material, my firearms related lists. I also have a great amount of difficulty connecting to other sites using those lings, but I think only the other sites that use Blogger. In addition my link to site meter at the bottom of the page has come and gone a few times, and each time I enter in the html code, it shows up again in a different place even though the code has not changed. All very spooky; and if it was only happening on my home PC I would think virus, but it is happening on other PCs from which I access my blog. I have also heard of others having problems connecting, or finding blogs on the site since they allegedly switched everyone to a Google account. Hopefully this is a bug on the Blogger end and they will fix it soon, but heck how do they even become aware that end users are having problems; there is no link for contacts to them on their site as far as I know!

Oh well, I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will be fixed soon. Lest I forget, I should again point out I get all of this for free, so I guess I cannot complain too much. I suppose it is a case of me taking things for granted, since in essence they were granted to me. Blogger on the whole is a good thing, and they usually keep it running well, I just hope it stays that way.

All the best,
Glenn B

2 comments:

Rita Loca said...

I thought it was just me! I have lost comments and even have some posts that disappeared. The other night I could not upload fotos. Weird, these "improvements".

Glenn B said...

Mine is working again, all seems okay except for the position of the counter at the bottom. Just glitches I guess. Still a good deal for free.