Monday, September 18, 2006

The frequency of E. coli outbreaks and...

...the outrageous numbers of illegal aliens in this country from Mexico has me wondering is there a link between these two stats. It is already considered factual knowledge that the outbreaks of bed bugs across the USA is linked to the populations of illegal aliens in areas where the outbreaks occur. It does not take all that much imagination to wonder if illegal alien populations and E. coli outbreaks are linked.

If you recall, over the past several years the numbers of E. coli cases have seemingly risen in good number; so to has the population of illegal aliens, especially those from Mexico. Now think about where the E. coli outbreaks occur, not as in what areas have the people who get infected, but in what kind of places do the tainted food products which spread E. coli originate. They originate in places that food is processed, or in agricultural settings. Granted, many illegal aliens work in agricultural and meat processing jobs. From personal experience, I can tell you that the hygiene standards in countries like Mexico are not anywhere near our own. I have seen first hand, Mexican field laborers harvesting lettuce, vomiting on the lettuce, taking the soiled head(s) of lettuce and throwing them into the box along with the clean ones. I saw this on several occasions in my 4 years as a Border patrol Agent. It disgusts me today as it did back then. I have also seen these same type of field workers with smelly dirty hands, right after they did the dirty toilet thing, and they did not clean before resuming work picking produce that could have become your dinner that week.

Now as per an article I saw at Foxnews.com @
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,214310,00.html

"The FDA and California Department of Health Services planned Monday to work toward tracing the infected greens to individual farms. The inquiry will review irrigation methods, harvest conditions and other practices at farms possibly involved."

They state somewhere else in the article that this outbreak could be related to fouled irrigation water. I wonder what substance it is that fouled the water, could it be human waste? Where oh where did that come from? Nowhere does the article state, and at no time have I heard any suggest this could be due to lack of hygiene on the part of illegal alien field workers. My bet is that if they find one human at a farm who is carrying this germ or somehow else spreading it, they will stop looking if the guy is anything other than an illegal. If the first guy is an illegal, I would bet they keep looking until they find it on someone who is here legally, just to be politically correct in favor of illegal aliens.

Of course, I could be wrong in my hypothesis, and that is all it is, that this outbreak or others have been caused by illegal aliens with horrendous hygiene, but I'd be willing to bet on it, just a little anyhow, that is if betting were legal. Since it isn't legal, and since I am a U.S. Citizen, I'd also GUESS that if I did gamble illegally, I'd be arrested. If only I were an illegal alien, I might get away with it.

Best regards,
Glenn B

No comments: