Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Ammo Alert 45 ACP

Cleaning the basement can be just like a treasure hunt. Let me clarify that, I should say a bit of straightening up, not really cleaning it is what I meant to say because my wife would be sure to tell you it is far from clean or even straightened up. Anyway, that's what a I did for about 30 minutes yesterday before I found an excuse to do something else more pleasurable - like nothing. During that brief time, I came across two out of place boxes. I was pretty sure I knew what was in them; well not specifically but in general. I figured both had some ammo in them. I was right and much to my surprise and pleasure I discovered that one contained 250 rounds of FMJ 45 ACP and the other held 500 rounds of it.

Speaking of 45 ACP, I had been doing some shopping for it in anticipation of the 8th Annual Northeast Bloggershoot but now that I have found his ammo, I don't need to buy any additional for the shoot and I'll still have a good deal of this left over. While I was shopping around for it though, I noticed that prices have fallen. They are not what I would consider back to normal but certainly are the lowest I have seen in years now. Boxer primed, brass cased, 45 ACP FMJ ammunition is going for as little as about 30 cents per round. That translates to about $300 per case of 1,000 rounds.

The big surprise is that I found it to be less expensive by the box. By the box of 50 rounds, it is selling for $13.99 (Palmetto State Armory) or just under 28 cents per round and that would be only $279.80 for a case. The particular ammo is Sellier & Bellot 45ACP 230gr FMJ. That is a very good practice ammo in my estimation and the price is not bad at all (meaning its darned good) considering todays prices. Add to that, they supposedly have it in stock as I type and you should be ordering by now if you are in need of any 45ACP ammo. Even though I am fairly well stocked up on it, that deal sure is tempting.

I don't know if it is an oversight or if someone at PSA pissed off the folks at GunBot.net but I did not see that deal shown on GunBot's site. In fact, I did not see anything in 45ACP that was listed on GunBot as being sold by PSA. While GunBot is an excellent resource, I guess it pays to shop around even if you use a site like GunBot.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: