Sunday, March 8, 2015

Most Days One Mug Of Coffee Is Enough For Me...

...but I will admit to as many as three mugs of it on some days. I cannot imagine drinking 23 cups of it, or dealing with the jolt that 23 cups worth of caffeine (taken all at once) would give me. That was the amount of caffeine reportedly found in a teenager's body after he died from caffeine overdose (source). His parents are now suing Amazon, among others, for wrongful death.

It is sad things like this happen but it is also about time we start taking responsibility for our own actions - and I think that includes even teenagers. The substance was legal to possess, legal to sell, and reportedly came with warnings on the package. As I see it, mom and dad understandably mourn the loss of their son but it was not Amazon, the manufacturers or other distributors, who were responsible for his death. Their son was responsible for his own passing.

All the best,
Glenn B

 

No comments: