Friday, July 4, 2014

Romanian WASR-10 - There Has Gotta Be An Better Way...

...to put the receiver cover back onto my Romanian WASR-10. Yeah, I know, put it in place and whack it from the top rear at about a 35-45 degree angle down and toward the muzzle. Hardly ever works and I do mean hardly. I have had many folks familiar with AK_47s and WASR-10s try with my rifle all without any decent margin of success. Then sometimes it just goes on with one whack of the heel of my hand - go figure!

After trying about 25-30 times today, I was about to grind the bottom edge of the back opening a bit but decided to use a brass punch and hammer first. I held the cover in place, kept as much downward and forwards pressure as I could on it in the rear, then with the fingers on the same hand I finagled a brass punch into position along the bottom rear edge of the cover, and then whacked the bottom edge of the cover right under where the back of the return spring guide protrudes and it popped right into place. I know there has gotta be a better way - if you know - let me know and video certainly would be extra nice. 

Thanks,
Glenn B

No comments: