Sunday, July 11, 2010

I Like Arizona...

...I think it is one of the most beautiful states to which I have ever been and I have visited it many times over the course of the last 37 years or so since my first visit there. I estimate, I have made at least 25 trips there, probably closer to 50, maybe as many as 75, or even more (I never kept count but went there very often). Of those, two were of over 1 month's duration each and another two of over 3 months duration each for my job. I also have been there on a couple of vacations lasting over 10 days to 2 weeks long, and have been there many other times on day and weekend trips (when I lived in California and when I visited family in Las Vegas). Lately, I have truly been disgusted by how it has been overrun, over the past several years, by the tide of illegal aliens, drug smugglers, and other criminals who have crossed its southern border into our great nation. So today I made a donation to the state, I gave $100.00; I hope to give more if they need it.

How much I gave is not all that important but I gave more than I thought I would have given when I posted my blog, Remember Arizona - Don't let It Come To That - Help Now, a couple or few days ago about the state seeking donations. I mention the amount here because maybe some of you, like me, still see a hundred bucks as a decent sized chunk of change to just give away. I could have used that c-note for a lot of other things and but what is important is that I gave it anyway. You can always make excuses not to give to a worthy cause like this one. I could just have said to myself: it is too much or could have said why give when I will get nothing back except a receipt (that would have been very short sighted indeed), or I could have told myself not to have given at all because I could have spent the money on me or my family. I could have gone fishing on a party boat twice for that, or gone once and taken my son along too, or bought a good amount of ammo, or paid for a few trips to the shooting range in Brookhaven, or bought a great bottle of whiskey, or taken my wife out to dinner or my daughter out to lunch or... You get the picture. Instead of any of that, I gave to this fund because if I didn't, well then when and if our way of life is lost due to the influx of illegal aliens, I would have felt guilty as all hell for not having given at least something and would have had to have blamed myself first for not doing something to solve the problem while others had tried to help. Will I get something back for my donation - if Arizona is successful then you can safely bet that yes I will get something back - so will you. We will have more secure borders, a safer country, more legal as opposed to illegal immigration, more jobs for American citizens and legal resident aliens and a better country in which to live.

So, the important thing is not so much how much I gave but that I gave. I took some of what I had and donated it to a state that is doing something of which we should all be proud and which we should all support as loyal hardworking U.S. Citizens, or honest and hardworking legal resident aliens, or as law abiding and honorable aliens in foreign lands waiting to immigrate to the USA legally. The other important thing is that you give too. So once again, I am asking you, my dear readers, to dig down a bit and give to help the state of Arizona fight illegal entry of aliens and criminals into the USA via Arizona, to remove illegal aliens from their state and turn them over to the feds, to fight to get the federal government to actually enforce its own immigration laws, and to make Arizona and the United States of America a safer place to live and raise our children. Please give what you can. The site through which I made my donation can been accessed through an icon at the bottom of the official website of the state of Arizona at http://www.az.gov/ or at this link:

http://www.keepazsafe.com/


All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: