Saturday, July 10, 2010

Ballseye's Gun Shots 76 - A Hornady Reloading Kit...

...is on its way to me from MidwayUSA. I finally got around to ordering a reloading kit after many, many months of procrastination. If I remember right, my son gave me cash toward a reloading kit for my last birthday present and let me just say I am already at least half a year closer to my next birthday.

Anyway, here is a pic of what I ordered, and a link to the site where I ordered it:

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=151386

Not a bad deal as far as the price goes, even their regular price at MidwayUSA was less expensive than the regular prices at most other companies who offer it and this was on sale at Midway - such a deal!

I know that I will need to get quite a few ore items before I can start reloading but my not ordering them yet is not due to procrastination but to finances. I need to spread out the cost over another month or two. So next month I will order dies, shellholders, bullets, primers, powder, maybe a case trimmer, maybe a balance scale (since I have heard little good about the electronic one that comes with this set), another reloading manual (from a different company like Speer) and whatever else I find out I will need to start reloading for .35 Remington and .223 Remington, maybe 9mm too.

I figure I ought to be underway with reloading by September. I also figure it will be a good pastime and that in the long run I will save money by reloading instead of always buying new ammo. It will take quite some time to get back my initial expenditures, which I figure will be around $600 (and that is without considering the cost of a reloading bench) but only time will tell how long that actually will take me to achieve.

All the best,
GB

No comments: