Saturday, December 23, 2006

The Transformation of Glenn

Yes it is still me as can be evidenced by the same fat neck and crow's feet around the corners of my eyes. Still though, I have to admit that the barber did a pretty good job handling his shears, and chopping away at my mane - so husbands beware - your turn may be next if your wives see these photos. My wife was pretty happy with the results. Now if only I would lose a few pounds, like 40 or so, she would be a lot happier, and so would I.

Oh well, all things in moderation, so a little improvement at a time, I guess. This particular improvement will make for all that better Christmas get togethers with our families because Linda will be happy that I shaped up a bit.

Besides going to the barber shop today, I got virtually all of my shopping finished. Of course, for me it isn't Christmas unless I shop on Christmas Eve, so I will be out again tomorrow getting some little odds and ends, for extra special (but not necessarily extra expensive) presents, that happen to catch my eye. You know, maybe a nice piece of lingerie for my wife, a good book for my daughter Celina, and a gadget of some sort (like the hunting or shooting sort) for my son Brendan.

Speaking of Brendan, since I was out so long shopping, he decided to fire up the barbecue, and he cooked the bear meat I had in the fridge. It was ever so delicious - both the marinated piece and the plain piece he saved for me. A great meal to which to come home, I assure you; MMMMM - mmmm GOOOOOOOOOD!

If I am up to it tonight, I just may bake an apple strudel. If not that ambitious after all other have hit the hay in our house, I may make an apple pie and a loaf of bread for tomorrow's breakfast. Got to stay in that holiday spirit and get something like that done. Hopefully my lack of a good night's sleep last night will not have me crashing before I bake at least one delectable.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: