...all clean and shined up, looks like another animal than it did earlier tonight.
Take a look at the pic in the previous post, then look at it here. A little boiling hot water, Dawn dishwashing detergent, cleaning with a cloth and cotton swabs, scrubbing, buffing, and a light lube with Breakfree CLP did the trick. It took about an hour or a little bit more in all, to disassemble, clean, then reassemble. Not a bad amount of time for the first doing this for me.
I have to admit, taking the bolt apart was a bit scary as I had never done so before.; but I did have the disassembly & reassembly video from SurplusRifle.com, that helped a lot. Still they should have mentioned early on that absolutely assured proper reassembly requires a special tool, of course - one I did not have, but I will buy soon. Nonetheless my bet is it will work just fine as it is now. If anyone thinks otherwise, let me know before I blow up my rifle. Thanks.
All the best,
Bad Prepper Ideas That Will Get You Killed
39 minutes ago