...and realize that all of their white man's guilt for centuries of the British Empire having been a colonial power is not going to be assuaged by making others, who were once oppressed by the British, British citizens. No it is not surprising that 38% of south Asians who were polled said they do not feel like they are British - see: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6921534.stm.
So, many of those Pakistani Muslims are not going to melt in the pot, nor are many of the other folks from places like India, Hong Kong, or anywhere else. Just because you gave them British Citizenship does not mean that they will not seek to destroy your way of life, if by nothing else, then by not assimilating and spreading their own culture within your borders. In fact, as can be witnessed from what is going on across the pond, it seems as if many of those folks would rather destroy the British way of life and replace it with something a bit more fatalistic.
All the best,
Monday, July 30, 2007
I have been tagged by Bill from Quill Of Bill to tell 8 things about myself. Before I do that, I think I am supposed to tell you the rules, because after I do all this, I am supposed to tag 8 other bloggers.
HERE ARE THE RULES:
01. Post the rules before you give the facts
02. Players start with 8 random facts/habits about themselves
03. People who are tagged need to write their own blog
04. At the end of your blog you need to choose eight people that you tag and list their names. Don't forget to leave them a comment, telling them they are tagged, and to read your blog.
8 THINGS ABOUT ME:
1. I just grew my beard back.
2. I often tend to have little self confidence in things like do it yourself home repair.
3. I procrastinate a lot on things I need to get done (probably because of lack of confidence); but I have been getting more things done lately in a timely fashion.
4. I am eligible to retire and am dreaming about it daily; though I hope I can wait until January 2009, when I think one of my biggest debts will be paid in full.
5. I am thinking of becoming a Conservation Officer for a 2nd career.
6. I believe common courtesy as being one of the most important things in living life.
7. I can be quite cantankerous.
8. I would love to move to the country, or to a small country side village, when I retire; and one of the biggest disappointments in my life is that my wife does not want to, and refuses consider such in no uncertain terms.
HERE IS THE LIST OF THOSE THAT I AM TAGGING:
1. Eric at http://straightwhiteguy.com/
2. Greybeard at http://greybeard.igogg.com/
3. GeekWithA.45 at http://geekwitha45.blogspot.com/
4. Chris Byrne at http://anarchangel.blogspot.com/
5. Geoffrey at http://www.dogsnot.net/wp/
6. Quidni at http://qquidni.blogspot.com/
7. LawDog at http://thelawdogfiles.blogspot.com/
8. Mighty Mom at http://texassiren.blogspot.com/
If any of you do not want to do this, please feel free not to do it. Thanks.
All the best,