Monday, February 8, 2010

The Dubliner - Phoenix

I made it up to The Dubliner tonight and surprisingly got there before The Waters, well at least before Krystal of The Waters (she was solo tonight), started playing. She does a great rendition of Dylan's 'Don't Think Twice, It's All Right' - good for an older middle aged guy's soul. I enjoyed her singing as I enjoyed dinner which was a Pub Steak. Pretty decent food and better entertainment made for a good night.

Krystal did 4 or was it 5 songs and then opened up the mike to others (open mike night). The next couple of soloists were pretty good. One did a couple of Jethro Tull songs, the other sang 5 pretty funny songs including Hitler's bar mitzvah (and he claimed go be half Jewish). It was a good time. The 4th and final singer I stayed to listen to tried to be funny and maybe would have been had he not tried as hard. Not as much talent there as compared to the others but 3 out of 4 ain't bad. Anyhow, I went there to hear The Waters and was quite content to settle for listening to the the fiery red headed half of the duo.

I did not stay til the end, wish I had had the chance but I had to get back before the witching hour to make sure I get up early tomorrow.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: