Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Have You Done Your Duty As A Citizen Today?

I did mine, or at least part of mine. I went to my local polling place this morning, before work, and I voted. I sort of voted along party lines this year. I am a registered Republican, and I voted straight Republican, for all the candidates listed only as Republicans on the ballot. If they were listed as Conservative and Republican, then I voted for them as a Conservative. I am hoping it sends a message to the Republican party. I also decided not to vote for one candidate because he was listed as the candidate for the Democrats, the Republicans, and the Conservatives. That multiple party stuff, when it goes totally across the lines into another party with totally different values than mine, just does not wash with me. I could vote for, and on rare occasion have voted for, a Democrat or third parity candidate (and each time it turned out to be a mistake even though they seemed right during the election), but I will not vote for one who splits his loyalty among parties that are opposed to one another.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: