Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Thanksgiving

Hi All,

One of the truly nice things about Thanksgiving is that it is not a holiday solely to be celebrated by any specific faith or even to anyone of faith. Yes, it started with the Pilgrims and Natives of what later became the Americas but that was the beauty of it as those two groups held vastly different beliefs; yet, they joined one another and gave thanks together. As I said, you don't even need to be religious to celebrate Thanksgiving. All you need to do is to give thanks for whatever bounty you have to whomever or whatever you think you should give thanks for that which you have. Here in the USA we almost all have plenty - and those that do not have plenty at least have somethings for which we all can & should be thankful. As for those who think they do not have anything for which to give thanks, I'd say think again because others in the world simply do not have what we have in the US of A.

As for me, I'll be celebrating at my son's place with him, his girlfriend, their three dogs (a 15 year old basset hound named Chubbs & two new puppies, Hilda & Winnie, as of Friday), my pooch Skye and a 22 pound turkey - which will not be celebrating but which will be cooked along with a bunch of other delightful vittles. Nope, sorry, no possum stew even though we are in Arkansas! 

I hope all of you will be doing something similar on what has become a truly wonderful & joyous American holiday for all of us. By the way, one of the things for which I give thanks is all of you as a whole.

Happy Thanksgiving.

All the best, 
Glenn B

 

1 comment:

FeralFerret said...

I hope youand yours (dogs too) have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving.

yes , we do have a lot to be thankful for in this country, despite those who would like to see us turned into a third world nation. Where else in the world are such a large percentage of "poor" people obese. I've been homeless twice when I was younger. I now have food, a roof over my head. two cars, and a loving family. I have MUCH to give thanks for to my Creator.