Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Sometimes I Feel Like Asking Questions...

...pretty much questions a lot like these.  I feel that way today.  

 

At least I get that way when a wave of nostalgia sweeps over me.

Now, if you don't like Gordon Lightfoot's voice, how about this version by the Irish Rovers: 


Not like the Irish Rovers' style, then how about this version by Gerry Guthrie: 


One more, I listened to em all just now and figured I let you do likewise. This one is by the Just Cause Bluegrass Band:



I like them all but in the order that I placed them above, Lightfoot's version is the best as I listen to them but the Irish Rovers' version is not far behind. I have to say though, even though the one at the bottom of my list is my least favorite (yet I do like it) there is a twist to that. It is at the bottom because it is sung lackluster in my opinion; yet, that music - the banjo and especially that fiddle are heavenly (that sure looks to be a fiddle that has been well played lots of times over many years). I miss the Bluegrass fiddle competitions I saw in NY state and in Hartford, CT. In Hartford, they were held in a city park when I was there for Grateful Dead concerts; they had a fiddle contest on both of the occasions of me being there for the Dead shows.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: