Thursday, February 23, 2017

Work Tomorrow

I have to work tomorrow, which is something I have not done all week at least at a job where someone pays me. Being on call part time can be okay but it can suck too because sometimes I will have had other things planned when I get that last minute call-in. I can always say I am not available and I kind of hoped to be off tomorrow but truth be told I don't want to do that too many times . I can use the cash now anyway.

One excellent thing about working tomorrow, it means I get at least partial pay for the holiday this past Monday. I have to work both at least a partial week the week before the holiday and at least one day the week of the holiday to get any holiday pay. That pay is then based on how many days I worked the week before. I worked two days last week. So, instead of getting three days pay for what will have been the past two weeks (once tomorrow is over), I will get three days plus probably at least a half day's pay for the holiday. Not a bad deal and as I said I can use the money. It will help make up for the money I spent on the Marlin 1936 (and the ammo for it) that I bought a couple of weeks ago.

All the best,
GB

No comments: