Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Religious Freedom Or Pure Balderdash

I am all for religious freedom when the issue truly is religion and not something like a religion tying to become a world ruling government like Islam. In that same light, I find it execrable when folks try to use religion to scam the system or merely to find away around rules & regulations (governmental or corporate) with which they disagree. Such, I believe, is the case with the guy who refused to submit to biometric hand scanning at his place of employment. He reportedly was forced to leave the company. As is rote in the USA, a lawsuit ensued. He was awarded $150,000 for religious discrimination. Why? Because he reportedly said he believed that using the biometric hand scanner would "...give him the mark of the beast..." or the mark of the anti-Christ (source).

I don't care what are or are not your religious beliefs but if that is not absolute bullshit then nothing is bullshit as I see it! Hand scanners don't give you the mark of the beast - being an evil, sinning, devil worshipping, no good mother fucker is much more likely what would do that. My guess is maybe the guy thinks he already has the mark and figured it would be seen in the hand scanner or maybe (and this is my more likely guess) that he had figured a way to scam some bucks but that is just conjecture on my part.

All the best,
GB

No comments: