Wednesday, February 5, 2014

I Am Not A Big Fan Of Opera But This Is Amazing...

The performer is singing Puccini's operatic piece: 'O mio babbino caro' (Oh My Beloved Father). I must say that a more stunningly angelic voice I quite possibly never before have heard and may never hear again in another person. The fact that it is a nine year old girl, who apparently was self taught and never even had a single singing lesson, makes this performance all the more awe inspiring.

Listen to it here, which is the long version of the video, and well worth the listen (and the read of the translation even if a poor one). If you want to skip to the singing, go to 2 minutes and 39 seconds of the video. but as I said, I highly recommend watching and listening to the whole thing as it puts it all in context. When she starts singing, right at the very beginning, ask yourself: "Did I expect that???"; I surely did not and neither did the judges who obviously had never heard anything like it before (at least not from one of their contestants and a 9 year old child at that). Pay attention to what both she and the judges say throughout, both before and after her performance, it will give you a picture of a girl who will become a woman who goes far in life. What a gift her talent will be to they who take the time to listen to her sing and maybe later who watch her run in the Olympics. (If you want to know what that last references, then read the script that appears in the video after her singing is done.)

Without further ado, I give you the simply fantastic, marvelous and without compare stunningly beautiful voice of Amira Willighagen, an angel among us:



A hat tip to Herr Richie M for this one.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: